Yep, Remington has introduced quite a few very successful cartridges. Those that were initially successful and remained so for many years include the .222, which would probably be popular if it hadn't been modified into a military round which took the .222's place, and the 7mm Remington Magnum awas major triumph. They were also smart about "civilizing" so many popular wildcats, including the .22-250, .257 Roberts, .25-06, 7mm-08, .7mm STW, .35 Whelen and .416 Magnum (which had been around as an almost identical wildcat for a while). Some of those faded due to other factors, but they were very successful for several years after introduction.

The .350 Magnum also did reasonably well, and still appears now and then, but eventually had to compete with the .35 Whelen.

But they screwed up in various ways on other rounds, including the 5mm Magnum rimfire, .244/6mm, .260, 6.5 Magnum, and 8mm Magnum. The SAUMs are pretty good rounds, but Remington had the misfortune of introducing them a little after the WSMs. The story I have heard through the industry is that Winchester got wind of the impending SAUMs, so rushed the WSMs into production,, and since the SAUMS weren't quite as zippy, the WSMs won. Remington gets blamed a lot for their handling of the .280, but they never intended it to be a bolt-action round--though the 7mm Express was a major screw-up.

However, Winchester has had their share of screw-ups as well, the WSSMs being a prime example. But there were also the .219 Zipper, .225, .256, .307, .356 and .375 Winchesters. I doubt if any of those ever recouped Winchester's R&D costs.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck