Originally Posted by Oakster
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
It's not the distributors at the retail locations it's the same a holes that did this the last time. They wait every morning for a shipment to come in and buy what the store put's on the shelves to sell online. SHDD

So, in essence, they are actually improving the channels of distribution by making the ammo available to a larger market?

Capitalism works, even if its not beneficial to you. Folks are nuts right now, they will pay anything for ammo....and I will gladly sell it to them for that.

I dont see that as capitalism at all. Many people play a role in capitalism from the miners, material producers, shippers, loaders retail stores etc. Some private citizen who artificially reduces supply by buying it up (when he doesnt want it or need it) and then reselling is not adding value to the market, not paying taxes, not creating jobs etc. He is not much more than a Tick on a hunting dog, a parasite. They do not warranty the product, replace the product or stand behind the product. They turn around and raise the price or sell it on auction to panickers for a profit that doesnt help or improve the supply chain etc. That is not capitalism and not something I would support as capitalism. It hurts more people than it helps.

On the contrary...it's capitalism at it's purest.

An item is worth what market will bear. Period. Right now, the market has decided ammo is a very high value item, and there is opportunity to make a pretty tidy profit for those that are willing to put forth the effort. In return, ammo is available to those who are not willing to work for the good deals. Each end of the chain is satisfied.

The only ones unhappy are those who think they are owed something in the middle.