Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Some folks just couldn't afford to stock up when ammo prices were reasonable. Your responsibilities to feed and clothe your family is first and foremost. Some of you make it sound like money grows on trees, I feel for the people that can't afford to buy ammo at these prices.

Couldn't have said it better, myself.

I know there are many folks with plenty of disposable income who can spend lots of it on ammo. They can shoot hundreds of rounds a week, and stock up tens of thousands of rounds.... and they don't seem to understand that there are others who simply cannot do that.

"You should have bought ammo when it was cheap!" they will say over and over.

For some of us, ammo has NEVER been "cheap".

Anyone that can afford to shoot or hunt could afford to put a bit aside once in a while for the rainy day we all knew would come again at some point, maybe not “tens of thousands of rounds”, but enough to defend themselves, go hunting, and get in some practice. Short-sightedness is the problem, not lack of money. Even a year ago, dirt-cheap ammo, good ammo, was widely available. Money spent on pay-per-views, dining out, lottery tickets, booze, whatever, could’ve just as easily been spent on some SVs or White Box 9mms.

What fresh Hell is this?