Morning!

Practical reasons: The .257 is an effective smallbore that would surprise you in its ability to kill out of its small size. The 115gr Partitions kill like a .270 130gr at least I can’t tell any difference except recoil is lighter. In today’s high BC world, the .257 is lagging behind the .243 bore in terms of slippery bullets but don’t let that fool you into thinking it’s a shorter range cartridge. Pretty efficient with both powder & bullets as well. Same parent case as the 6mm Rem & 7mm Mauser so it’s a mid length cartridge holding a bit more powder than the true short action .308 based rounds.

Romantic reason: The .257 Robert’s has a great story of development and harkens back to a simpler time in our country when rifles were looked at differently and owning a dual-purpose rifle (varmints & deer etc) was attractive because financially many were only able to own one rifle.

* I’m not a gun writer so take my opinion with several grains of salt. I’m sure MuleDeer will chime in - he’s spent a lifetime with the .25’s and can offer a much more in-depth response than I ever could.

Tim