I aquired the 257 Roberts to as a donor fornan 338 Fed or 358 win project. Normally i dont bother with such things because i prefer the economy of depth ofncomponents for 270win and 308win. Ive used very regular 180gr cheap bullets in 308win for very good predictable results. Recently i got me a 270win for the first time and i found factory ammo very cheap and components as well so thats impressive from the start.

Anyway when i look at the 270win shooting only slightly heavier 130gr bullets compared to a 257 roberts its somewhat similiar but only far more common and cheap. I picked up a bunch of that Federal Premium Trophy Copper 130gr for $$24.99 box. Federal blue box i picked up at $20 box recently. Then i aquired Speer 270 bullets for a decent $19.99 for 100. It just seems its close to the 257 but far better choices and economy. With the 308 win inalready had the components over the years so im really set for it.

Its not a matter that the 257 sucks but rather theres really a few things out there like the 270win and now the ever popular 6.5 creed that use just slightly heavier bullets but offer far better choice and economy and do the same thing. Thats why i dont get the wow factor of the 257 Roberts.