Originally Posted by pete53
last year i rebarreled a real nice Remington 30 express chambered to 257 Roberts with a Brux 71/2 twist barrel ,this year a did another 257 Roberts in nice old Mauser action and again with a Brux 7 1/2 twist barrel. the first 257 Roberts shoots extremely well or just like a bench rifle. i bet this new Brux barrel 257 Roberts Mauser will shoot well too ,matter a fact both these rifles will shoot as good or better bullet ballistics as my Creedmoors do with these new Berger bullets. my attraction to the 257 Roberts i got from Harold an old trapper /hunter 50 some years ago in a bar with his stories shooting animals back in the 50 -60 `s,i just like the looks of that great old cartridge even then. with Berger`s new bullet 135 gr. VLD target bullet for a 25 caliber and barrels 7 1/2 -8 twist by barrel manufactures you will see some very good things happening at the target range and hunting now and in the future. besides its a grand old name for a great old cartridge 257 ROBERTS !

Sounds interesting. The std. Roberts 10 twist handles everything up to 120's without issue.

I'm guessing if there are some high ogive bullets, the faster twist will come in handy. So, far what's out there in that category?

DF