A decade+ back my mom passed, leaving her house for me to sell. That year I must have spent $20k on guns. One of them is my beloved Glen Morovits custom pre 64 M70 I happened to fall into. Since I was young I'd wanted a rifle with drop dead gorgeous wood. I had plans to have one built but the gent on the phone, who had a pre 64 action for sale, asked what I wanted with the action, so I told him. Several hours later his email with 40 some pics arrived in my in-box. With each picture my jaw kept hitting the floor. The sale was made and a week later, the rifle, in hand, looked even better in my hands. At first, it was a "temperamental whore" as Charley Santoni put it. Eventually, I learned how to treat her with the right bullets, powder and shooting tempo. Me, my son and step son have only hunted doe mule deer and cow elk, each of us having harvested said animals; of course more by my hand. It has a few dings in the wood which can easily be removed, if I want, but each brings memories of hunts past. Pretty sure my son will inherit the rifle upon my demise but I plan on that being in nearly 40 yrs. The wood to metal fit is "un-godly tight" so accuracy has never been stellar; "sufficient" is what I call it. It loves the Nosler 115 BT 120 PT but since I now work for Barnes Bullets, it's fed the 100 gr TTSX and a new bullet which will be soon released to the shooting publics eye. It's not light but it's certainly not as heavy of some LR shooters "haul" into the mountains and pastures. The main picture was taken by Charley Santoni while he had it in his possession, trying to figure out why it was being "termpermental"; his words, by the way. He also said it was the finest example of custom workmanship he'd seen in his years.

Alan

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]