Originally Posted by Certifiable
Copy that elks..
I’ll do what I can to see if boiler requirements would be met. Tho a new pump assembly would not be cheap it would be way less time consuming to do it that way..
And time is never on my side in this dept..

I didn’t want to come off as too negative while trying to paint a realistic picture of what is going on here, but yes in this case I’m wearing too many damn hats

Thanks again

Y/W, but if the 2.5 TACO wind up working w/ the specs, you solved it 100%, not me. I was concentrating on solving the pressure drop from a different angle (while multi-tasking here), and just assuming the pump had to be 3.0 to meet the specs for the boiler, and really didn't consider changing the pumps, but you still might have to stay with the 3.0 pump.

You need to look at the specs on that 2.5 mixer also to ensure it's GPM flow rate meets the boiler GPM requirements. You just don't know what is what in this situation now, when you have guys throwing packages together where they screw up the design, like here w/ the reducer to create a pressure drop. Sometimes you have to step back and reassess the complete package before moving back forward again.

If you have to stay w/ the 3.0 pump, that tank fab might still be easier, quicker, and cheaper than changing to a 3.0 mixer. You pretty much know your options now, and are back on the road to solving it.

Let us know if the 2.5 pump works.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)