[/quote]
One step at a time, first solve the pressure drop, and he is working on it and I believe pressure drop causing cavitation is what NPSH is all about, correct?

Next, run the boiler and check vitals, and check the barometric.

There's no re-design going on. All specs are being looked at to meet GPM needs to all equipment.

[/quote]

NPSH has multiple variables; suction head pressure, TEMPERATURE, flow demands/characteristics/variables extremes, velocity, density, specific gravity, you get the idea. The product being pumped and it's chemical levels and constituency within proper parameters (i.e. no slugging).

Perhaps minor corrections can resolve this issue. However, if it doesn't, then we are just parts changers, prone to repeat a failing process.

We know that a pump has failed, piping sizing might be suspect, NPSH is currently in question, impeller might be wrong material, discharge line has deposits and leaks, hangers and saddles and supports might be in need of redesign, thermometers and psi gages are needed, etc. I have seen butterfly valves that don't open properly. Any mechanical component might fail or be compromised.

Now then, back to a question I asked earlier: does only one boiler run at a time, or two at times?