Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
My fingers were swollen and red for months until I bought six dozen eggs and a few pounds of fatty pig skin. Its unpreserved other than salt. That gets rinsed before frying. I've lost a few inches off of my belly.
Fat doesn't make you fat like the old mantra in the college nutrition department.

A few eggs and some fatback and yer aww bettah ?

You have other issues goin' on.

Yes, but my issues were corrected with modifications of my diet rather than a lack of pharmaceuticals.
I didn't go into all of the boring details as the OP topic wasn't about my problems.
Two very well respected integrative physicians in my part of the country recommended two protocols which were very plausible considering my symptoms.
In brief, I activated an inflammatory response by my body that strangely would not completely calm down even though I eliminated the typical inflammatory foods. I was eating very healthy for a winter diet.
However, the healthy, high nutrient foods also contained high amounts of oxalic acid aka. oxalate.

The short is that I continued to consult the best doctor, the Great Physician, and He revealed the cause of the lumps in my fingers, toes and lack of energy.
The only time in my life I experienced a kidney stone was at this time. I could not grasp tightly with my fingers. It was painful to walk. I would bruise wherever there were these small lumps. I changed my diet drastically to include foods that are low in oxalates and that help rid the body of it. The calcium oxalate stones in my kidneys, feet and fingers reabsorbed and I included a high cholesterol (somewhat) ketogenic diet which improved my endocrine system in a major way.
I have a mineral depletion which is gradually improving by adding wild springtime edibles as well. As spring progresses, I know that the sunshine will also help absorption and D3 levels. In the meantime, I supplement.

Feel free to share this information with any of your patients that may benefit.

Regards,

Happy Camper

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/13/21.