Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by LFC

Then the turkey hunting stunt men came on the scene that think they're cool because they shot a turkey with a small guage like a .410....everybody doesn't think they are cool or that they're some super duper turkey hunter.

I dunno. I just got done putting 10 rounds of 3.5" 00 buck and 10 rounds of 3.5" #5 through two of my guns a few days ago. At 15 rounds I was hurting so bad I had to force myself to pattern the last 5. I'm nursing a visible six inch butt pad shaped bruise on my shoulder right now. A sub-guage is sounding pretty damned good right about now.

Seriously, though. 2 oz turkey loads are about the heaviest recoiling shotshells one can fire. (My 10 gauge didn't kick like my 12 g 3.5 inchers.) A gun firing an effective load that doesn't crush one's shoulder has a helluva lot of merit.

Listen, TSS shot is not new. It's proven. Arguing its effectiveness at this point just seems silly. It works. My main problems is cost: TSS shotshells are immenely expensive. Up to $10 a shot and over. But that aside, they do work, and very well. But spending $50 to $100 to properly pattern a single gun with 5 to 10 rounds of TSS is a little off-putting.
---

So, a question about chokes: what constrictions are TSS shooters using? Just the same chokes you were using for lead? Most choke makers recommend a tighter constriction as shot size gets smaller and #9 is pretty small, but it would seem that TSS might impose the same cautions of tight chokes that steel does. I don't know because I've only ever shot lead.

There are ways around recoil....

I been using a P.a.s.t. recoil sheild for years shooting high powdered rifles on a bench rest.

With a big gun if you dont have a P.a.s.t. I have draped my Boyt gun case over my shoulder.

In a hunting situation you never feel the recoil.....I like getting the chit kicked out of me.