Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC
A projectile carries energy based on weight and velocity...a #4 carries way more energy than a smaller lighter weight TSS pellet.

TSS can't be pushed to the velocity lead can because of pressures caused because it doesn't give any.

There's a thing called energy transfer...

The TSS depends not on energy transfer but on the hope that it will poke a bunch of small holes in something vital.

Most any choke will shoot a bunch of small pellets. Usually not so with the bigger shot unless it's coming out of a Winchester Longbeard.

Federal ammo and all the others ammo companies are sucking hind teet with the bigger shot loads coming from Winchester...that's why they're pushing the small shot...pretty easy to see if you've been watching.

The shot lock technology in Winchester Longbeards makes most any choke/gun combination look pretty good.

Tell me what I posted that is not fact.

Your very first statement is factually incorrect. Kinetic energy is based on mass and velocity. Weight is not mass, it's only part of mass. Mass a function of weight and volume.

A small denser object can have the same mass as a larger less dense object. A smaller denser object can also have more mass than a larger less dense object.

So if the very first assertion is factually incorrect, why go on reading the rest of your "facts?"

One minute you're down on the guy claiming deer kills with #4 TSS now it seems you're saying #9 TSS is like a black hole....hard to defend both pieces of a rotten pie.

Here's a definition of Kenetic energy I Googled up quote:

"Kinetic energy is a form of energy that an object or a particle has by reason of its motion. If work, which transfers energy, is done on an object by applying a net force, the object speeds up and thereby gains kinetic energy."

Fact....once TSS exits the muzzle it ain't getting any faster.