Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Just try some TSS 7.5s, 8s, or 9s at 1200fps or under, and you can save the sticks for beating yourself about the head.

I can’t count the turkeys I’ve killed, long before TSS came along…..and #5 lead was as big as I ever saw a need for. Usually #6s and even some HV 7.5s to keep density up after green out. Then again, I wasn’t body shooting them, or trying to kill them past 40yds, so maybe #4s was the way to go with that style.

….but since TSS has come along with the pattern density and mass it provides, I have trouble comprehending ‘wanting’ to use anything else. Even an ‘ice pick’ in the CNS will kill them faster than a buckshot elsewhere. I’ve never chased one a step with TSS in sub gauges, and I’ve never had to use a 3.5” shell to compensate for lack of sense or other endowment.

Don't you just love it....ain't no body here "body shooting" turkeys.....sounds like your shooting brush shots at turkeys....after "green up " you change shot sizes to "keep density up".

Say WHOooooo.....

"I can't count the numbers of turkeys I've killed long before TSS came along"....

Hard to believe ain't it....

I never knew you guys shot TSs because you were so well "endowed" and had such great "sense"....

(fact is I thought it was the other way around).

Here's you a tip go get you a hick'rey stick about a 1/2" thick.....(dont get one no bigger because you don't want to crack open that dense head of yours)

Lighly whip yourself over the head every morning and come to your senses.