Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I've been looking for a reason to buy another Winchester SX4. I love it in 12 g. I can see a cantilever turkey version in my future for TSS shot.

The Win Super X line of shotguns, especially at their price point are vastly underrated. I've been beyond impressed with my SX2. And let's be honest, outside of the M12 and 21 - Winchester isn't a name easily associated with shotgunning.

Indeed, they are. I have a Maxus II and a SX4. Both are Browning-made in the same factory. Both operate substantially the same way. Both are short stroke gas guns. The Maxus has a little more refinement, with some parts being metal versus plastic on the SX4. The Maxus has a magazine cutoff and a quick load feature the SX4 doesn't have. But I scarcely ever use those features. In terms of performance, they are equals. The SX4 gives up nothing to the Maxus II except a little refinement and a few parts that are materially different. Otherwise, you get very comparable guns and identical performance with about $700-$800 less for the SX4. I used my SX4 quite a bit this season with 00 buck. It takes a big bite out of 3.5" shell recoil versus, say, my A5 or Benelli Super Nova.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 01/04/22.