Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
The other thing I never worried about is how heavy my 12 gauge was. My A5 is just over 7 lbs unloaded, with a 26" barrel and Kicks choke. My Remington 870 SPS wasn't any bigger than a 20g version. Yeah, back in the day my Remington SP10 was a bear to carry. But I used that not out of necessity, but just because I wanted to. Gun weight with modern alloy receivered guns is, IMO, a non-issue for the vast majority of hunters.

Girly men like little girly guns....

Originally Posted by 10Glocks

TSS shows some ballistic advantages. No question. I agree with that. But TSS will never help me scout better, set up better, or call better. If I do those things well, I don't need more range or more lethality. Lead is perfectly adequate if you can bring a turkey in to a reasonable range. If you can't, maybe TSS is compensation for a different deficiency.

From the dawn on shot gunnery it's always been about stretching the distance....

The TSS guys used to brag all over the internet about their magical long range kills when it became unpopular they changed their tune to it has "more lethality".

I don't agree with TSS having a Ballistic advantage or having more lethality....why because at 40 to 60 yards I don't believe ballistics play any part with a shotgun pellet....their assessment comes straight from the TSS Internet Handbook.

Bottom line TSS from the start was about shooting turkeys at longer ranges....if they didn't believe it kills turkeys further they wouldn't spend the money it.

I just chuckle when I see the TSS guy claiming "I kill all my turkeys at close range and I shoot TSS"....

Makes no sense to me if I claimed to shoot all my turkeys at 20 to 25 yards I would be shooting a dove load.

I agree. Like I said before I personally don't need TSS in my 12 gauge 3" ammo. I don't have a problem at all with guys that want to use it. Most of the birds I've killed have been 40 yards and under.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?