Nope! Started in 1966 or 67 at 14 using “caveman” tools……Lee Loader. Started casting @ 19 or so.

Gradually increased tools ( including casting molds (13 molds) for various cartridges, components, ect.

I don’t shoot competitively so don’t go to the extremes necessary for competition…..though my hunting rifle is capable of sub 2” groups at 300 yards!

Don’t over complicate the hobby. Enjoy the time reloading/hand loading so you can enjoy the time spent shooting/hunting! For normal, practical shooting needs…. you don’t need lab quality procedures. I often go 10 loads on my cartridges without annealing, weight only the charges for serious work (not the plinking rounds), trim only as needed (which isn’t very often), ect. There are many extra steps that the competition shooters or the eccentrics take that the “normal” shooter can avoid or perform only occasionally! JMO. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024