I find it pretty worry free. I first loaded for a .300 Savage. I was 12 using a press at Foster's sporting goods. You buy the components there and you could use their tools.
They taught me basics and watched me pretty close. I will be forever grateul to that place. It let me shoot enought to be competent.

I took less than top loads out of the manual for 100 gr Half Jackets and 150 gr SP's. I used BallC-2 for both loads and CCI Large rifle primers (not magnums). I seated the 150's so I could crimp them. Pretty much my current MO.

After a couple of years I bought a Rock Chucker which I still have.

I mostly load to duplicate factory velocities and trajectories. I usually have only a few pet loads per chambering. I adjust them to work well in my main rifles and check them in the rest. Once established I tend to stay with the loads until component availibility changes. I load the most for .223, .30-06 and .338 Win Mag. The .243, 6.5 CM, .308 Win, and .308 Norma also get a lot of business. Other , less common rounds where I
have to fabricate cases, special order dies, trim, neck ream etc. are pretty tedious but I don't shoot them much.