Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Might also mention that some of the most "affordable" and simplest loading dies can produce the most accurate ammo.

Absolutely. For example, people would be surprised to see what many real Benchrest competitors use for loading gear. wink

Good shootin' -Al

I agree that most people would be surprised at some of the BR equipment used. Seaters, for example. The Wilson seater - not the the micrometer model - is a great and inexpensive tool that works much the same as a Lee Loader. They are about $60 at Brownells. Used in conjunction with an arbor press, they are capable of producing straight cartridges for about $10 less than a Forster or other std seater. They are slower than a bench mounted seating die, but not everything needs to be cranked out in volume.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now now Steve don’t exaggerate. Wilson dies are great but when you say that it’s less than the cost of a normal seater you done stretched the truth some. You should have thrown in the cost of the Arbor press to even use them right. That Bald Eagle mini at the moment is just under 100 bucks from Grizzly or 115.00 at Midway or 125.00 bucks from Amazon. So the true cost is ~175.00-200.00 for that particular seater. All that stuff got sold in 2004 when the Bench gun got sold and I gave up short range BR.

Swifty