Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Hornady's case comparator setup and a quality dial caliper should be the first tooling the new reloaded should invest in.

Good shootin' -Al

Excellent advise, but have you tried getting the modified cases lately. I've been measuring to the lands using old school methods because I can't find the cases in the chambers that I need. Been tryin' bout 8 months now.

The Hornady Comparator tool I'm referencing is the one used to measure shoulder set back during sizing.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I've had one of their OAL tools since they were known as Stoney Point....haven't used it for years on a bolt gun as there are better ways to find the lands. They do work nicely on falling block and break open singles shots, though.

I make my own modified cases for that tool when I need them. Let me know what modified cases you need and let's see if we can get you going. smile

Good shootin' -Al

My apologies. When you said comparator my mind heard OAL gauge. I have the Hornady comparator set as well. Very useful tool.

And thank you for the generous offer. I certainly appreciate that. I'll be sending a PM shortly.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.