Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Absolutely. For example, people would be surprised to see what many real Benchrest competitors use for loading gear. wink

Good shootin' -Al

Wilson dies are great but when you say that it’s less than the cost of a normal seater you done stretched the truth some. You should have thrown in the cost of the Arbor press to even use them right. That Bald Eagle mini at the moment is just under 100 bucks from Grizzly or 115.00 at Midway or 125.00 bucks from Amazon. So the true cost is ~175.00-200.00 for that particular seater.

I have and use arbor presses from K&M, Neil Jones, one I made from an old bottle capper and the leather faced wood mallet I spoke about earlier. They all seat bullets with the same concentricity because it's the die that matters...not how the seating stem gets pushed down.

A young guy I know getting into precision hand loading had a need for a arbor press. He didn't have a lot of extra jingle in his jeans at that point and asked about buying one of mine. Instead of doing that, I grabbed one of these drill holders from ebay for under $20, made an aluminum plug to fit in the holder, shortened the column so it fit in his range box and viola'....he had an arbor press. wink He still uses it to this day.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

People with the desire to do something will always find a way to accomplish it within their budget. Add some basic common sense, an understanding of the mechanics of what's trying to be accomplished and good things always happen.

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner