Originally Posted by Swifty52
Funny, the OP never ever took the time to go over to steel banging, ammo crafting friends house to see what was going on. More than likely never even thought about it till his buddy passed. Now it’s difficult (not). Don’t think he’s the type to go out and buy a bunch of books, DVD’s or a bunch of YouTubing.
Sorry for the loss, but the way things are now I wouldn’t sink a lot of money into it, IMO I believe his interest is going to wane fast since (it’s too difficult), and he never had any interest in the first place.

I concur.

Another this that happens; A guy gets into reloading and thinks that the ONLY press to own is a Dillon XXX. To the person who just wants to crank out rounds, that might be a good fit after you have learned for 5 years on a single stage. When you were 16 and had a "fresh" driver's license, you didn't run out a buy a Corvette or Ferrari. You started in dad's truck or mom's station wagon. Then you bought an old Charger with a worn out engine, then a Monte SS, then you got the Hellcat Challenger. Trying to learn on a progressive is overwhelming. There is TOO MUCH going on, and if you make a mistake, you are 50-100-200 rounds before you catch it. If you want to discuss discouragement: let me know how it feels to pull the bullets on 200 rounds of 40 S&W (that you Factory Crimped the hell out of), because the primers are seated upsidedown.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right