Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Might also mention that some of the most "affordable" and simplest loading dies can produce the most accurate ammo.

Like many of the, uh, more "mature" handloaders here I started with a Lee Loader. Mine was in 7.62x54R Russian, because my only centerfire rifle at the time was a Mosin-Nagant, which shot very well with my handloads.

Some decades later I decided to try another LL in .22 Hornet, due to owning a very accurate Ruger No. 1B. After sorting some cases for consistent neck thickness, it averaged 5 shots in under half and inch at 100 yards. This is partly because Lee Loaders very much resemble the tools benchrest shooters regularly use.

Still have several Lee Loaders (including the .22 Hornet) for the .222 Remington (which can also be used for the .223 Remington), .30-06, .38 Special (which can also be used for the .357 Magnum), .45-70 and 3-1/2" 10-gauge. These are mostly for SHTF purposes, except the 10-gauge. Have a nice Spanish side-by-side, but don't hunt with it enough to justify a press. The LL produces ammo quickly enough for my purposes.

Wow! Testimony! Lee Loaders allowed me to roll a few in college when not at a friends who had a press and got me started. I used their trim tools as well for my 7 TCU back then.

Learned much since those days, and I have shot some VERY tight groups with basic 2-die sets from Redding and RCBS.....

How tight? Down to 1/4 and 1/2" 200 yd groups for 3-shot averages. Those groups challenged my skills, timing shots between heartbeats.....