Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by hatari
Bro- you might misunderstand.

Not sure if you are an old African hand or not, but in Africa, and this permeates all involved in bush life, there is a sense of fatalism, and a casual acceptance of danger and bad outcomes. Bush Africans have this “it’s bad ju ju, but won’t happen to me” attitude.

All who spend time in the bush see life and death the way nature does - a part of the cycle of life.

Of course, our hearts go out to the family and loved ones affected. The posting of photos is a reminder and a display of the raw power of the Buffalo and acknowledgement they are not domestic bovine, but truly dangerous game.

We honor the animals taken, and we honor our brothers that have fallen to the dangers of hunting them. It’s no sh\t real crawling through head high grass following a track after something that can cap your your ass in seconds. Nobody in this thread I see is dissing the fallen hunter, but rather reminding each other of the dangers and the thrill of confronting dangerous game.

It’s difficult to describe in a couple of paragraphs. Maybe some of the other African vets can help me out.

I enjoy seeing pics and reading of folks hunting all manner of game, dangerous and otherwise, and learning about things. That's why I read here. Funny, but when there are posts about brown/grizzly bear maulings and killings, no one posts up, "hey, looky here at this bear I killed!', with others chiming in with comments like, "nice bear, dude!', 'I took mine with a .416!' and 'when are we heading back to the peninsula to chase another?' Why is that? Probably because doing such is uncouth and boorish in my opinion. Obviously, YMMV.

Take care.

"Funny, but when there are posts about brown/grizzly bear maulings and killings, no one posts up, "hey, looky here at this bear I killed!'" dealing in absolutes now are we? Folks posted pictures just to relate they agree on the potential for buffalo (and other dangerous game, to injure or kill you) and I am sure most if not all the guys who posted pictures, including your truly, I don't think are trying to impress you or anybody else.

get off your high horse/

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”