Originally Posted by Mike70560
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
More people are killed by Horses,than Buffalo. I enjoy that Mark Sullivan shoots 'em like fhuqking Prairie Dogs,to the chagrin of blue haired bitties the World over. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
This is actually 100% true.

It is not 100% true. First of all deaths in rural Africa are not always recorded, so there is no accurate data on deaths and causes.

Second, there are far more horses in the world than Buffalo. Human interaction with horses occurs millions times more daily than with Buffalo. Horse deaths tend to be purely accidental.

I have no reservations walking up to a horse. Cape buffalo, not so much.

Not going to touch the Sullivan thing. Pages and pages on multiple forums about this subject.

It's not even close to being true, then again consider the idiot making the comparison. More people are killed in Africa by the mosquito, so numbers is a stupid and irrelevant comparison. There are many instances when a client wounded buffalo recedes into a defensive position that would practically guarantee a charge and let's not even discuss wounded cats. The PH makes the decision as to:
1. Is the follow up reasonably safe to involve the client or must he go in alone?
2. If situation is clearly foolhardy, you either wait, get more PHs (if available) to help OR change tactics (like move in with the vehicle if the terrain permits, etc).

Bottom line that is why PHs exist and that is why they call it dangerous game.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”