Originally Posted by KillerBee
I find it hard to believe that lest say @ 100 yards broad side that a 300 Min Mag with Nosler 180 grains on a double lung shot would not take one down? I have never been to Africa and was unaware that they tell you what to shoot. There is no way a lion can survive a well-placed 300 Win Mag shot.

"I have never been to Africa"

It shows. Let me help you out. I've been to Africa, quite a number of times. I've hunted RSA, Zambia, Tanzania and Cameroon all multiple times. I've seen animals drop in their tracks from good shots and others seemed immune from good shots.

Originally Posted by KillerBee
I find it hard to believe that lest say @ 100 yards broad side that a 300 Min Mag with Nosler 180 grains on a double lung shot would not take one down? There is no way a lion can survive a well-placed 300 Win Mag shot.

Well let's talk about this "survive" thing. I agree, that the shot described above will be fatal to a lion. What this doesn't address is whether or not the lion will be fatal to YOU before he expires?

Let's take the story of someone I've met, PH Peter Chipman. Peter was born and raised in Zambia. He knows the land and the game. Let's get his take on guns and lions:

SCI: What firearms do you carry on hunts and why?

PC: I started out with a .375. That put me in trouble because on July 4,1999 I was charged by a lion that actually did get to me. I shot the lion in the chest. It did not stop him and there was no time for a second shot. I needed a bigger caliber. I gave my .375 to my brother. I bought myself a .458. I worked hard to get the double and got the Woodleigh soft points. The lion incident occurred on a professional hunt video which can be viewed on YouTube.

Originally Posted by RobertRuark
"Use enough gun"

Originally Posted by Phillip Percival
"It's the dead ones that kill you"

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo