RinB;
Good almost evening to you sir, I trust the day was a good one for you and you're well.

Thanks for the thread, it's been educational for the most part on a subject that's interested me for a lot of years now.

My condolences to the family and friends of Mr. De Bruyn who are left behind.

For reference as to my personal connection with the topic, I believe I met the late Bob Fontana at a sheep conference one time in the late '80's. He was killed in Tanzania in 2004 by what was described as an unprovoked charge. They never did find the buffalo which did it so can only speculate as to the cause.

Further back than that, when my family were visiting family friends in Kenya in 1975, I got to know the two boys better, one which was a year older than me and one a year younger.

Though I'd truly lost track of them and they me no doubt, about 20 years back the younger brother was hit by a buffalo which very nearly killed him.

Interestingly when I wrote about the story here on the 'Fire, at that time there was a poster who went by Zambian and when we PM'd, he did it via a sat phone very close to where the attack had happened, knew that brother a wee bit and then knew the other brother as a taxidermist in Lusaka near where he lived.

All that to say sometimes the world seems very small anymore.

Oh, I was present when what was described as a pretty good buffalo was shot on that Kenya trip too, but it died quickly without drama.

All the best and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"