Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
The incompetence didn’t start with the cops. How did the shooter fire shots outside of the school and mosey his ass across the parking lot without the school staff sounding alarms and locking all the doors? Who was manning the front office? How long does it take to lock the doors and how did the teachers not know to do this? They had time.

That's all addressed in the timeline and video.

You should read and watch them.

I would say those issues are noted in the report rather than being addressed. The report says that the exterior door is usually locked, but it wasn’t this day. Why? The report goes on to say that the door could be breached by shooting through the glass, but even that would have given the officers time to engage the suspect prior to entry.

As for the teacher who went outside and saw the shooter coming (female 1), she failed to explicitly note a shooter, but rather told kids to get in their rooms. That is a failure on her part that could be easily explained by the stress of the situation on an individual who isn’t trained or capable of making rational decisions in those circumstances. What the report doesn’t seem to address is the lack of an alarm system . All schools have alarms for fires and emergencies. In today’s world, students and teachers are at much greater risk of a school shooter than being killed by fire/smoke.

We are focusing heavily on the police response, but glossing over the school response. Like I said, they had time. It took a few minutes from the accident until the shooter entered the building. The crash was witnessed, the shots outside were heard, he shot into the school before entry.

All the teachers had to do, even after failing to lock the exterior doors, was give the alarm once the shooting began and lock the the doors to their classrooms. The report says the doors had to be locked from the hallway with a key. Did the teachers not have these keys?

Ultimately, my point is all the failures don’t make sense. Yes, a failure of a particular system is possible, but a top to bottom failure at all levels is just too coincidental. We can ridicule the conspiracy theorists all we want, but the idea that some malfeasance occurred is more likely to me than a total breakdown of all security and response actions leading up to and during the shooting.

The SRO/School police chief is suspect to me. He is a politician. I could easily see any individual being politically motivated, not necessarily to the extent of wanting children to die to achieve some political goal, but manipulated and coerced with money or some for of blackmailing buy our obviously corrupt government? Absolutely. That’s why I asked those questions, and we still don’t have answers. I suspect that we never will.
They should put electronic locks in schools so that any teacher or administrator can push a button and lock every door at the same time.

And a fireteam of police, full time on site any time students are on campus. Obviously with the sole purpose of saving kids and killing a school shooter.