Originally Posted by Futura
Originally Posted by Bugger
Has anyone used 120 TTSX bullets on whitetail? I see that in Gack III, John got very good accuracy with 46 grains of Varget and at almost 3,000 fps.

I just picked up a couple boxes of 120 TTSX's and am considering them for whitetail this fall.

My nephew had killed a couple mule deer does with that bullet in a 7mm-08. The first one died quickly. The second one he shot at about 100 yards and it made a death dash so we had to look for it. When we gutted that one the top of the heart and aorta was blown apart. Guess it held its breath and ran not knowing it was dead.

My guess would be the heart had just pushed a fresh supply of blood to the brain just before your bullet hit. That would mean the body had just received a fresh supply of oxygenated blood allowing the deer to make its escape attempt. Got that from a doctor I ran into on a deer hunt and during the conversation he explained the process to me. If you shot would have hit while the heart was filled with blood, odds are it would have dropped on the spot or would have staggered a bit, then fallen down.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE