Hey my first post! a reply to a thread that was started almost 14 years ago!

I have to say I am thrilled to have found this forum and this thread, among others with info about the 7x57. Not a lot of current info on this cartridge, so I am grateful to find a place where there is still some discussion.

I am a believer in the 7mm Mauser, it really is just about the perfect cartridge IMO. I have an Arisaka Type 38 that was sporterized with a 22" Douglas barrel by my uncle who built it as a high school project with the help of a family friend who did some gunsmithing, and gave it to my father as a present. I don't actually take possession until Dad is gone, but being the oldest son, and the one who has always had an interest in that rifle, it's been willed to me.

I just started metallic handloading during the most recent ammo shortage, and am just now, researching loading for the 7x57. That's how I found this place.

I hope this thread continues, the new bullets and powders have made the 7mm Mauser a really effective cartridge that has great potential if handloaders continue to share information like we have here.

Anybody having success with the 162 ELD-X? I think if we could get that bullet to 2,800 safely, it would be pretty close to the "perfect 7x57 load".