"I think the Mauser should be able to run with the 08."

I've been using 7-08 data for my three 7x57s for some time now. If you're using a modern actioned rifle, it's no problem. Just start low and work up. I run the 150 gr. Nosler Partition at 2800 FPS with good accuracy. (Under 1") I have had it up to 2880 FPS but bolt lift was starting to show signs if being sticky. FWIW, it was 105 degrees in the shade. Powder was RL17, WLR primer and Winchester brass. Rifles used were a Winchester M70 FWT, Ruger #1 and a custom Mauser that turns out to have problems. Seems like the commercial FN action I used which was originally chambered to the .270 Win. took some way too heavy reloads from the guy I bought it from. I'm looking for a replacement receiver, preferably another FN so I can finish load work ups with that rifle. Problem was in the rifle before I used it for the custom job. The load was planned for an elk hunt.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE