Originally Posted by PJGunner
Originally Posted by RevMike
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Seems like the commercial FN action I used which was originally chambered to the .270 Win. took some way too heavy reloads from the guy I bought it from. PJ

So the problem was finally diagnosed. Lug set-back?

That's what I looks like. The sad part is I remember that rifle doing just that with factory .270 ammo. Then I just stuck the rifle way back in the safe and forgot about it until I had the custom made. Guess I'll just have to scavenge a receiver off on of my good FN rifles.
PJ

You might want to contact Tom Jackson (posts under dpcd here and on the Accurate Reloading site). I sent him an Argentine that I was sure had lug set-back. He took the barrel off, examined the action, and decided it was something else. Whatever he did I no longer have issues with sticking bolts (I believe it was a headspace issue). In any event, if you like the action it might be worth having him take a look before shelling out for a new one.

Mike

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown