Originally Posted by Moejoe
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Nathan's testing was done with the 162 gr A-Max which is exactly the same bullet as the 162 gr ELD-M save for a higher melting point plastic tip on the ELD... Nathan also tested the ELD-X when it was introduced, He had nothing good to say about them... However another bullet he and his cronies have been using with great success more recently is the Sierra 160 gr TMK... Like the 162 ELD-M at moderate 7x57 or 7-08 muzzle velocities it penetrates a couple of inches before violently expanding and causing devastating internal wounding and often dead right there results (Nathans words not mine)... I trust his input, However i have not hunted with either bullet... I have load tested the ELD-M and found good accuracy @2600 fps MV and better accuracy @2700... I'L go with the slower load to be certain that bullet doesn't over expand (blow up) at close range...

The ELD X is what I was inquiring about, it's designed as a hunting bullet, not a match bullet. It is an entirely different bullet from the ELD M, and has a good reputation for accuracy and expansion (1600 fps to 3000 fps). They are also priced less than many other premium hunting bullets. 2800 fps MV from a 7x57 should not be a problem for most modern rifles, or in an Arisaka.
I know the ELD-X is a "Hunting" bullet not a "Match" bullet... And yes it's an entirely different bullet from the ELD-M which was formally known as the Amax... You do realize "some" Match bullets can be very good "Hunting" bullets under the right circumstances and with some common sense applied, Right?... Anyway, Welcome to the fire and good luck with the ELD-X... Based on some experiences i've read on here and Nathan Fosters testing, I think your going to need it!...

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 10/12/22.