I shot a cow elk around 180 or so yards with a 150g eldx from another iu 18" 7-08 mv of 2650. She was quartering away so I shot her back about the 5 th rib, when counting tail end forward, angling forward towards the offside front leg. She slowed and turned a bit to look back so I hit her again in the base of the neck and she went down. While gutting her I noticed only one lung was hit and it looked like the first bullet only penetrated about 4" or so.

I used to use a 162 amax over h4350 in a 7-08 and in my limited experience the 162 amax seemed tougher than the 150 eldx at about the same MV.

For a cheaper hunting bullet I used to go with Hornady interlocks but there started to be big differences in newer lots with thinner jackets and moved lock rings etc. About then I got some great deals on nosler 2nd partitions so I have a bunch of those I load for friends or neighbors that just want a decent hunting load without spending a lot. Another good lower cost option is the speer hot cor flat based stuff. I bought a bunch of those in 160g 7mm and they shoot well.

Bb