Originally Posted by Fireball2
Here's a letter I sent to sheriff Dave Daniels this morning.

Sheriff,
I read your position statement on measure 114. I am seriously glad you support the 2nd! That's what we need from our sheriff. My gun is my last line of defense against tyranny, my neighbors and immediate community next, my sheriff next after that. So you're not my only defense, but you're the last one that doesn't involve blood, killing, and societal chaos. 

That's how important your position on this measure is! Without you standing between tyranny and citizens, there would be bloodshed and war! 
However, I need to point out that while all of the above is true and I am gawdawful thankful for you and your official statement, it still leaves us with a problem. 

While the left and liberals keep throwing [bleep] at the wall until something sticks with gun control laws, w/o any consequences whatsoever by the way, we have to vigorously defend ourselves against their tyrannical and unConstitutional measures, one after the other, even though they are clearly ILLEGAL.

What needs to happen is, rather than bowing down to these measures which are as you stated clearly an infringement of our 2nd amendment rights by falling in line with the classes and training portion of this measure, our sheriff needs to say loudly and clearly, "No, this will not be in effect in my county, in part or in entirety. My legally operating gunshops will continue to do business and my citizens will continue to exercise their Constitutionally guaranteed rights, uninterrupted. Any attempt to interfere with either of the above will be met with the full force and effect of my department. The citizens of this county WILL NOT be subject to the illegal and unConstitutional measures which clearly have no basis in law". 

By agreeing to hurry up and come up with a program to facilitate this tyrannical measure, you become part of the problem. If I read your position correctly, your heart isn't inclined that way. But by following through with these edicts handed down from Portland, you do position yourself in alliance with tyranny. 

Sadly for all of us, this unConstitutional measure is being shoved down our throat. We as citizens have no choice but bloodshed against tyranny if our sheriff doesn't stand for us and against criminality.
Nobody but perhaps the most radical left, the ones that would love to declare martial law and invoke emergency powers, want war. We in Josephine county just want to live our lives and be left alone.
Sheriff, we just re-elected you, and we need your help now. Make a stand that we aren't in a position to make. You have power we lack. Use it. Set an example for all the nation to see. Make us proud, make us free citizens again. Do not buy into the lies and overreach of the left, make a stand against this measure and by doing so, make us proud and show the world the righteous will give no more ground. Make this county one the whole nation can model. We as citizens will back you if you stand for our rights.

Please, I implore you as a law-abiding citizen, don't let them make criminals out of us. We've done nothing to deserve jail time by simply being free citizens in this county. 
Sheriff, the people in this county believe in you. Tell us how we can help and let's show these bastards we aren't going to take any more. Help us by leading this fight for freedom.
Thank you for considering all I've written. 

With urgency, 

So in essence, YOU are doing exactly what we Virginians did[minus the PP].
What you seem to be missing is that the PP in Virginia helped push the top 3 elected statewide officials over the top in the following election.
3 that are much more 2A friendly.

FJB & FJT