When the wife's out of town, I tend to cook large portions for myself that I can eat multiple times over the course of a couple/few days. Decided to get out a package of bison round cuts. Decided to go with a bison and veg soup, or thin stew I guess you could call it. Great thing with meals like this is that they keep getting better, with flavors getting bolder and coming together even more the second or even third day. A quick photo dump of what I did below. Bison's lousy table fare? Pardon me while I laugh. This meat is superb.

I can't wait to get into the tender cuts, but I have some work to do to get to it. After my trip back from AK, I was gassed and put everything into the empty freezer, with the meat still nice and cold but not frozen. End result was that most of the stuff on top settled on the stuff on the bottom and then froze. Now I am faced with a giant block of frozen bison vacuum packs. Not my brightest moment, especially since this is not the first time I've done the exact same thing. That's OK, I'll get it sorted. Might kind of help me conserve what I have I guess... wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]