Never fails. wink. Americans and some Westerners in general won't even blink at eating all kinds of nasty processed foods, along with copious chemical additives, preservatives, meat laden with hormones and antibiotics, things bathed in pesticides, made with binders, fillers, etc. A raw egg though? The HORROR!

I'll admit that until I lived overseas as a kid and had my eyes opened (wide), I recoiled at the very thought alone of eating some types of foods in general, and eating any meat raw specifically. It just did not seem, well, right, or healthy. I learned, however, that just because a world of amazing foods and dishes in other places are prepared differently than they are 'back home' does not mean they're bad, or shouldn't be eaten at any costs.

That all said, I do get that some folks just cannot get beyond what they were taught what was OK, and not OK to eat by mommy when young. Hell, there are many millions of people in this world whose very *religion* won't even allow them to eat bacon, a ham and cheese omelet or a baked stuffed lobster. OK, by me, but when I hear folks go on about what they'll never even try because 'it's disgusting' or whatever, I can't help but shrug. No one's trying to force you to eat anything, but in my lifetime I've learned that an open mind has some serious benefits...

I am reminded of the crowd's reaction in the theater when everyone saw this scene. Raw eggs are how Rocky became Rambo!

ETA, have any of you raw egg naysayers ever enjoyed a little uncooked brownie mix or cookie batter from a mixing bowl as kids? If you have, guess what? You've eaten raw eggs-- and you loved it.

smile

Last edited by kamo_gari; 01/27/23.