Originally Posted by BubbaG
I have been butchering all my deer for the last 20 years. I can't stand the cuts that you get from the processor not to mention the meat seems to be gameyer. I think they probably don't keep their walk in coolers cold enough to hang deer. Should be just above freezing and no warmer. I do back strips, tenderloin, shoulders, neck, roasts, and burger. The shoulders and neck get smoked and turned into bambique. For back strips and tenderloins, whatever you can do with beef tenderloin, I can do with venison back strips and tenderloins. This last year, I smoked some roasts for a couple of hours until medium rare, let cool, sliced in a deli slicer, and made sandwiches. Put it on a crunchy roll with horseradish sauce and its freakin awesome.
It could be that their meat is gamier because you are not getting your own meat. Mixed with some dumb ass's meat that he left the hide on, the ass hole in, shoved into the back of his truck in warm weather for a few days before he brings it in for processing.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.