Originally Posted by BC30cal
outahere;
Good morning to you sir - well it's still morning here in south central BC - I hope all is well as can be with you, all things considered in our respective and collective sections of the world.

Thanks for the reply that you and the other folks have taken the time to add, I appreciate it.

To any of the US 'Fire folks reading who've not come up onto our side of the medicine line, way WAY back in the day we started a bit of an "information package" of sorts for visiting hunters but it's got information for any travelers truly.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...60/planning-a-hunt-in-canada#Post6042560

If any of you reading are heading into our part of the world that is up Highway 97 and you have specific questions about well whatever you think a local might be able to assist with, please feel free to PM me. I'll do my best to either answer or find somewhere an answer exists - if possible.

Some questions like - is "this" firearm now banned are tougher because of the situation we find ourselves in politically. We're working on it folks, honest we are, but it's sort of like asking what the gas and diesel fuel prices might be this summer - who know right?

That said, the gasbuddy.com website works for most places up here, unlike your cell phone which might not in the mountains! wink

Anyways, if I can help I will be glad to.

All the best to one and all on both sides of the medicine line.

Dwayne

Good evening Dwayne,

I sure hope all is well on the West side of the Rockies. Spring is just around the corner, soon be time to get the fly-rod out! Headed to Calgary tomorrow to attend the CSAAA tradeshow but I'll be crossing the Bow River at some point to get there. Wonder if it is ice free yet????
Great reference to the "Planning a Hunt in Canada" thread. I wonder if we should maybe take a look at it for some updates as it has been there a while.
It sure is frustrating to be continuously wondering if we can still use our firearms day to day.
On top of the issues a ban of any type of hunting arms will make for us, the devastation to the tourism industry would also be immense! I have mentioned that issue in a number of letters and position papers I have written, the replies have consisted of crickets. The Liberals just don't seem to care about the outdoor life many of us live and in many ways, attempt to share with visitors to Canada.
Stay safe my friend,
Jeff