Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
Canada - leave your sidearm at the border and come into our bear den.

SheriffJoe;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the last day of February has been going more or less acceptably for you and you're well.

With the understanding that I'm not complaining whatsoever now, have camped in all sorts of "beary" areas stateside and will again in the future the Good Lord willing.

At one time we were able to bring a firearm down into the US for hunting or competition purposes. After 911 that got more and more complicated so it's theoretically possible now, but friends who used to hunt Wyoming for pronghorn have given up because of the ATF paperwork.

We can't even bring bear spray south of the medicine line, but we can purchase the very same stuff in a US store as we left at home and that's fine.

Of course we can't bring it back into Canada either because - reasons - even though again we've got a can hanging at every outside door back home. That and a wrist rocket with marbles which is the first line of making recalcitrant yard bears understand they should shuffle off.

Anyways if it was up to me there'd be different rules for either side crossing into the other side, but apparently it is not and here we are.

Best to you regardless of the medicine line crossing rules.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"