Originally Posted by BC30cal
markopolo50;
Good morning to you, I trust it's morning already out in Michigan - still dark here in southern BC - and that you're well.

There was up until a few days ago an amendment to the Liberal/NDP/Green/BQ supported firearm bill C21 which laid the groundwork to ban at least half of the firearms in Canada immediately and then the rest through the use of the term "variant".

Included in the immediate bans were Weatherby Mk V, Christenson Arms, Ruger No 1, Brazilian Mauser, Mauser sporter and the list went on for 378 pages.

This was an amendment to a bill that has essentially banned all handguns and most semi auto center fire rifles.

We - hopefully we anyways - but a bunch of us Canadians through our gun rights groups mounted a letter writing, social media and public information campaign that might have made them blink - for now.

They want no firearms in the hands of any of us.

We'll see.

I'm cognizant that's not an answer, but that's where we're at as of today.

All the best regardless of the interesting times we find ourselves in.

Dwayne

The pure absurdity of banning the Weatherby Mark V bolt action rifles is comical if it didn't effect me. The logic make zero sense as with most things the liberal F's do.

Just this past November I hunted in Sask with my .300 Wby Mark V. It is my favorite rifle for things bigger than Whitetail Pronghorn. And my favorite plains game rifle in Africa. When I go back to Canada I will not be allowed to bring that rifle.

So now I have to use my Win Model 70 in 30-06 or buy another 300 Wby that is built on a Rem 700 or Win 70 action. It's just dumb