I've worked in Canada, been traveling up there since I was in college. I've crossed the border from east to west, and I bet I've crossed at well over 50 to 60 % of all of them...

I find it all depends on how you handle yourself, whether crossing into Canada, or passing back over to the USA. I've hardly ever had a problem, in either direction...

care about Canada as much as I do my own country. I see no reason to disrespect anything in Canada, or see no reason for them to be disrespectful to anyone here. you can come across bad people or good people on either side of the border.

I lived in Europe for 3 years in my youth. I took that as being a guest in someone's home or country. I've been embarrassed to be an American in other countries on how I've seen Americans act toward the locals in their own countries.
Saw the same in Mexico, the one trip I went down there to Acapulco. Most Americans were A Holes to the Mexicans.. but then again, the Europeans and Canadians were no better, sadly.

People in Mexico kept asking me where I was from, they weren't use to Americans evidently being nice and respectful to them. does that make me something special? NOT REALLY.

I've found out long ago in my youth... when you are visiting in someone else's nation, they will tend to mirror your attitude toward them. You come across respectful and friendly, they will mirror it... no difference than traveling in our own country.
Its not rocket science...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez