Originally Posted by 450Fuller
Mr. Blackthorn I think the Inspector's name was. He stated passport or not, he decided
who came into Canada - at the small crossing near Waterton. He then stated you folks come in and stay as long as you want.

At any rate-politicians are the problem across the board and border. I am still a combat VN veteran, retired LTC and

Thank you for your service 450Fuller,

That customs officer is correct, individual officers have the authority to make discretionary decisions.

I have only been stopped once from crossing the border at the airport customs when I worked for a corporation with its head office in Chicago. Told the agent I was going to a business meeting in Chicago, but he would not let me through and he said we don't like Canadians taking our jobs.

I never had a DUI or a criminal record, so there was absolutely no reason to stop me. Traveled for business many times after that but never said I was going on business ever again.

I find that border crossing agents at remote locations are very friendly, never had any issues with them.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/24/23.

KB