Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Originally Posted by aalf

The last four guns I've rebarreled have been with 12" twist.......

Including my 22x47 that I had the reamer reground to zero freebore

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now, Al....don't go gettin' these guys all confused with facts. wink

Plus, everybody knows you need less freebore for the longer/heavier bullets than for the shorter/lighter ones....'cuz the heavy bullets are more pointy and high speedy/low dragy-ish, right? They're some of those "...modern bullets that aren't affected by the wind", doncha know? That's the best bit of spewage to come across here lately. crazy

Certainly, SAMMI must have stuff all screwed up with the .045 free bore length relative to the .090 long standard for bullets like the Sierra 69's and 77's. And the .110 free bore for the Berger 80's....clearly some designers wet dream. I mean, it's not like there are some of us that actually get out there and do this stuff, right? Backing up a bit, the SAMMI .045 is shockingly close shocked to the .040 I suggested early in in this goat roping. Weird..........

Hope all is well with you, buddy. -Al

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)
Al,

I’m guessing this was directed at me. In my above post, I was asking and wanting to discuss in good faith. I’ve certainly experienced what I described above (many times), so I wanted to get your take, as well.