Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Don't understand the problem myself. 40-50 grs in the 222 . 52-77grs in the 223 heavier in the fast twist lighter in the slow twist no brainer. If you don't have the right twist for your bullets buy another gun duh. Damn it just ain't that hard to figure out...mb

I like where your heads at Bob.

Scott, last year I did just that. My AR's have 1 in 7 to 1 in 9 twists and wanted a bolt gun that could utilize the same ammo if need be so I picked up a slightly used T3X heavy barrel 223 1 in 8 twist. While they are OK in my 5.56 and wylde chambers Sticks lvr and 75gr Hornady bthp load is on the hot side in the std223 chamber but shoots fabulous. In the wind at 300 + yds the difference in drift over std 55 gr bullets is very noticeable. Out here where I live and pd shoot in SD there is almost allways a wind so less wind drift loads are king.. I can have one of my 700vs ready with slow twist whiner bullets for under 300 yds and the T3x for over 300 right next to each other. Pick the right gun as needed. Like I said...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "