BSA we do think the same I buy more slightly used guns than new ones, I allways let someone else take it in the butt on new gun depreciation. Gotta laugh , I was looking for a 1 in 8 t3x when I found this one, but it didn't look right. There was a 5/16" gap between the barrel and bottom of the barrel channel. Not overly familiar with Tikka but knew the recoil lug was not 1 piece to the barreled action it is in the stock and the groove in the bottom of the action go down over it. I asked the owner if I could take it down to check it out. I put a lot of used guns in their gun vise and check them out cleaning them as well prior to purchase. I'll clean and lube 10 for everyone I buy so it works out for them and they give me the right to do so. A good dealer is worth more than a hundred fugging box stores. Anyway I loosen the guard screws and pulled the barreled action, a guy could see that the recoil lug had been sitting on the bottom of the action but not in the recess. Replaced it correctly and replaced the screws, cut my deal, paid for it, took it home, scoped it and bore sighted it. 10 minutes later one hole groups at 50 yds off the bench on my deck out the back door. Zero'ed with ammo loaded for my other 223 bolt guns 55 gr horns. Moved the turrets after each 3 shot group 3 groups to zero all one hole not all perfectly round but 1 ragged hole. Yep I like Tikka too. Buying them slightly used at a discount is like having your cake and eating it too. The thing is pulling off a satisfactory barrel off one of my 700's for a new one to change twist, or to stainless, weight or length would have cost more than that tikka. Never mind a caliber, magazine, or bolt face change added to that. Yeah I know I'm lucky that I don't live somewhere more highly populated where shelf life of neat stuff isn't measured in nano seconds either...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "