It doesn't bother a lot of guys here to take a perfectly good Rifle and rebarrel it without even having shot it. My money came harder than that so when I rebarrel something it's because it's tired. I also see the utility of using new take off barrels and do when I can. I have in the wings a new 26" ss fluted heavy barrel chambered for 223 R threaded for a 700vs cost me $100 a local guy will put it on when needed. Another 26" ss 7mm mag chambered barrel when it's needed to replace a tired one. Usually if I want something else I don't go the rebarrel route , I'd rather sell one that is still shooting good and take the money to use on a whole new gun .I get a better return on it than spending dollar after dollar for custom triggers, stocks, and pro rebarrels. Getting back the money I have in a gun when I move it on for something else is an important part for me..
So I can see the advantages of the CTR but I'm not gonna convert my hb t3x to get them. I'll just sell it and buy 1 outright. When I need to.
Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "