I was at a sports show this past weekend, and on my dream list of hunts for the past 5 years or so was a Canadian moose hunt. Up until this year, it seemed far and few between that any outfitters were even offering them. I heard the population really took a hit between wolves and some type of disease they were catching from whitetail deer. I saw more offerings this year at the show I attended than all of the shows I attended combined in the last 5 years. From my research, it seems if you want a big one--go west. BC, Saskatchewan, Manitoba. Conversely, the strongest population seemed to be east in Newfoundland, but the moose were smaller.

What I've been trying to do to narrow the field is find some recent reviews of outfitters. I don't expect anyone to guarantee you'll get a moose, because that's on the hunter to deliver. But I would very much like to hear someone say that there is close to a 100% opportunity rate.

Does anyone have any firsthand experience on outfitters in Canada they can recommend for moose hunting?

I suppose the other thing worth mentioning is that kind of an important caveat is that I was really striving for finding an outfitter with a lodge that has WiFi. Personally, it's something I would prefer to be without. However, as a small business owner I don't have the luxury of being completely off the grid for a week.