Originally Posted by Kenneth
Could I see the list of who’s ranked 1st, 2nd and 3rd, ‘at one time’? Should be interesting.

Just wondering if maybe I’m mentioned.

Hi Kenneth,

As mentioned, I was going to do some research to back up my claim that my father’s friend was listed as #4, I made a big mistake he is listed as #2

My father’s hunting friend’s name was Watson Toshinori Yoshimoto and he was the recipient of many awards including, the Weatherby Big Game Award, the Safari Club International Hunter Conservation Award, and induction into the Safari Club International Hall of Fame, he is also listed in the Super Slam of North American Big Game, there are only 209 hunters that made this list to date.

Because my father had an amazing group of friends that were serious hunters, I was fortunate enough to hunt some very exclusive properties, that most will never even hear of.

To my little Alberta Troll friend, please feel free to print out the Super Slam Award, roll it into a tube shape, and stick it up your butt. Loser!

Listings

The Safari Club International Record Book

Watson T. Yoshimoto is listed in this very prestigious record book. #2, # 1 is SCI’s founder C.J. McElroy

He has 274 entries in SCI’s record Book with 31 photos of him.

The Safari Club International Record Book is the largest such record-keeping system in the world. Trophies are measured and listed according to size (horns, antlers, tusks, and/or body size), where taken (free range or estate), how taken (bow and arrow, rifle, muzzleloader), and whether typical or atypical for the species. Medals and awards are presented dependent on ranking within species. This book ranks every species of game animal using the SCI official scoring method. The book allows hunters to gain recognition for their hunting skills. It is also used by scientific institutions and governments to provide an index of the health of wildlife populations.

The Weatherby Award

Watson was awarded this awarded in 1980, picture of him with the actor Robert Stack and Roy Weatherby

The Weatherby Award is awarded annually for remarkable lifetime achievements in the field of hunting and conservation. It is considered "the Nobel Prize equivalent in hunting and conservationism" and the pinnacle to a long, successful hunting career.

Watson with the picture of him with the actor Robert Stack and Roy Weatherby
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Super Slam of Big Game - Watson is listed as # 12

The Grand Slam Club — later to become Grand Slam Club/Ovis — was founded in 1956 by Bob Housholder. It was a time of rising popularity for conservation, and records preservation was part of that initiative. One of his goals was to document those who bagged all North American trophies recognized by Boone & Crockett, ultimately keeping track of these impressive animals and the hunters who tagged them.

As a result, in time, the Super Slam of North American Big Game® was born. This achievement hasn’t been accomplished by many individuals, though. The complete list of registered recipients holds only 209 names. That’s a very small crowd, and it takes serious dedication, planning, resources, and time to become part of it.

All of his trophies were donated to the National Museum of Nature and Science in Toyoko, and are on display there today. It is called the “Yashimoto Collection”.

Here are a few pictures Of Watson and his animals on display in Toyoko.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/05/23.

KB