I'm also enamored of moose hunting. The Mrs and I did two drop hunts in AK without any dead moose to show. I think I have some strange power to attract Brown Bears and repel moose. Still great adventures and I may try again there someday. I went to central Canada last year, this time guided, with my bride along as well. I was the only hunter of 4 that week that did not get a shot at a bull. The other 3 hunters did kill bulls. It was another good adventure with a few negatives. One of the guides, I swear, must have been an antihunter as he seemed to do everything in his power to sabotage our efforts. At least it seemed so. He was new and got fired, but did kind of spoil the end of the hunt. My main guide was great, and the outfitter seemed so too. Overall, much more good than bad. We were in the game every day despite very warm weather. I'm going back this fall with the same outfit, so I guess that says something. We ate moose a few times up there and the meat was really good. I will absolutely shoot a meat bull if I see one.

In my 60's now, I still plan to hunt moose as often as I can. As a general rule, central Canadian hunts seem to go $12-14K for 1 on 1 guiding and 9-10K for 2:1. Good hunts are in demand and I would expect these costs to keep rising. The better outfitters have high success rates. I'll probably not hunt Newfoundland as the distance is greater for me and the central provinces still have good moose numbers. They also have nice people and great wilderness areas to hunt. I suppose I could hunt guided in Ak, The Yukon or NWT, but the cost is more than I really want to pay. I genuinely enjoyed going unguided in AK, but father time is already limiting how far I can pack 600lb of moose on my back. I think I still may have one or two more AK tries left in me. Best wishes to you on your hunt and, hopefully, with your eventual escape from your electronic tether.