Originally Posted by bobdahunter
Much appreciated KB. Excellent info. Looking forward to hunting with Ray's Hunting and Fishing Lodge mid September next year to get my moose!

You mentioned your setup for long range elk. I too purchased a long range rifle so Im prepared when the opportunity comes up to do some long range hunting. In the fall I bought a Browning Hells Canyon chambered in 26 Nosler. Threw a Leupold VX-6HD 4-24X52 on it. I bore sighted it a couple months ago and threw it back in my safe. But when the weather warms here in Wisconsin, looking forward to getting it dialed in.

Good luck to you!

By the way bobdahunter, before I posted Rays Hunting and Fishing Lodge in this thread for you, I called and spoke to them and told them I was inquiring for a friend, seemed like a nice guy!

I am happy I was able to be of assistance. That is what makes this site great, people you do not even know are on your team and want to see you succeed.

My Long-range setup is my Weatherby Mark V Ultra Lightweight in .300 Win mag, which I customized by removing the factory barrel and replacing it with a Wilson Match Grade #3 Contour barrel. I fluted the barrel to minimize the weight. After testing it and not liking the results I glass bedded and free-floated the barrel, not its a sub-MOA Tack Driver.

I topped it off with a Huskemaw Blue Diamond 5-20x50 LR and I shoot Nosler Trophy Grade ABLR's in 190 gr. I Like it and hope to get an opportunity to use it on elk this fall. If I ever make it to Africa, that is the rifle I will be taking. A few pictures below smile

KB

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/01/23.

KB